Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Army Wives... Giving away our secrets!

There is a lot of buzz about the new series on Lifetime... I have to admit, I've seen both episodes. It's okay... I can't be crazy about it because so much of it is sort of... off. Certain things they do such as... one guy cleaning his gun at home. Yea, they don't bring their weapons home! That is so against the rules. But, I guess that's more "Hollywood".

Then, there's the fact that somehow all these women (and one man) know each other, but none of their husbands (or wife) are in the same unit. Yet, they all manage to be part of the same "FRG" and go to the same ball.

Anyway, that's not my biggest complaint. I mean really! Do you have to give away all our secrets? We like speaking in acronyms and having no one else know what we are talking about! It's our own language and now the website has all of that up for grabs! Dang it! And!!!! One wife was a surrogate mother! Well, dammit I was going to do that this summer, but forget it now!

The "Jody" bar is probably my biggest complaint. I didn't always know what a Jody was... I actually only found out just a few months ago. Why did they need to introduce this in the first episode? It's not like we go around talking about Jodys every chance we get... we actually don't talk about them. At least not the people I know!

I'm not sure how many real Army wives will admit to watching this show.

Anyway...

1 comment:

George and Dan said...

Thanks! You'll have to show me how to do this blog thing! Im a blogging virgin! LOL. You have a great blog! :>)

ps
I know I WONT be watching the army wives show! LOL