Wednesday, June 13, 2007

What were you looking for?!

Someone found my blog by searching:

"Jody Bar" military

I guess I'll have to explain what it is... it's stupid.

"Jody" is a term applied to a guy who hits on a Soldier's wife while he is away.

Example:

Soldier: "What did you do today?"

Wife: "Hung out with Jody."

In other words, she was hooking up with her lover!

Make sense? On my run today, I remembered other things about the show that just aren't right. Like Joan, a Lietunient Colonel (LTC), getting drunk and dancing on the bar (a Jody bar, mind you)... Not very realistic.

Also, humvees aren't supposed to drive through residential areas. In the show they do all the time.

Also, Soldier's don't salute in doors. So, the scene at the military ball where one Soldier stands at attention and salutes a Colonel... not so my friends.

Am I ruining it for you? I am aren't I?

No comments: