Friday, November 17, 2006

recollection

Ahh yes, I remember this...
I remember the feel of his steaming breath on my neck at night. I remember how incompatible we are with our sleeping arrangements. I remember how he scoots closer and closer to me at night with his head on my chest, and I inch closer to the edge of the bed.
I remember.
I remember how it used to feel like a three ton elephant shared the bed. When he breathed in, I'd prepare myself for a "morning breath" of humid air on my chest... like Chinese water torture. I remember how eventually, I would wiggle him onto his back so that I could get some rest.
He remembers too. See... this is nonnegotiable in his book. He needs to be next to (on top of) me at night, and I need my space.
So, as I drift to sleep, I stroke his hair in remembrance of this pesky little thing called love.
I kiss his forehead,
and,
I
give
in.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

so sweet.....
My hubby and I are the EXACT same way, it's kinda scary. Sometimes I find in the morning that I'm that much closer to committing sleeper suicide.
I want space!
Glad you finally lost yours!

Unknown said...

Yup you and I talked about this on Sunday remember? Dont you just love it? It will be cute for a bout a week, and then you will be calling me to tell me he is breathing on you. HAHHAHA

JBoombostick said...

awe.. That is so sweet?

Anonymous said...

Count yourself very lucky...if everyone could be so lucky...