Wednesday, September 06, 2006

banishment

Well, well, well... here I find myself, once again. The lights are dim, the monitor casts a glow on my face, my dog paces on the hard wood floors, my AC blows out freezing FREE air, and my fingers drum away on the keyboard in search of answers to questions of answers. Yes, yes... This is a frequent occurance. Not a lot changes. No, much is the same. It's still around 10 pm, Zora still has anxiety, and my fat cat gorges herself on the "indoor, weight/furball control cat food". I'm still not privy to "world" issues. You see Army Wives (I should write "spouses", but let's be honest, wives make up about 98% of "spouses") don't watch the news... well, not during a deployment, and not when they don't have freaking cable. I almost miss network news. Seriously, the biggest story that is local is some water main fight a guy is having in Harker Heights. I'm sure it's a big problem for him, but I just don't freaking care enough to hear about it at 6 and 10 each night.

Anyway, off subject... banishment. Ever felt so "out-of-the-loop" at one point, that you don't even try to get back into the loop? I mean really, it's easier to remain ignorant. Avoidance is a blessing, at times. Sure, it might blow up in my face one day, but if "one day" isn't within a year or so, we'll be gone. This is, after all, the Army. People always talk about how they "just like to know things". I don't think I want to know what people don't like about me. I'm ignorant... and it's freaking blissful. My promised partner for life can deal with it, so can I. I just hate that I find out through grapevines what people really think. I can't talk though... I know I've spoken my share of "shit". It's only natural to have "shit" spoken about oneself. It's moronic to think it wouldn't happen... to think I'm immune or some shit.

I can be a bitch... it's only a matter of time people start calling me such.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I dont think you are a bitch. You are honest, truthful, loving, loyal, and an all around stand up kind of gal. Kisses and Hugs. You ever have questions about the "real" world, you can call me. There is another Hurricane that prolly wont hit US.