Tuesday, July 18, 2006

sleep does not come easy

I squint my eyes when I hear someone say, "I'm a genuine person," or "I don't care what others think about me." I squint my eyes because I wonder... I wonder does saying this make it believable, in one's own mind? No matter how many times a statement is repeated, it does not make it fact. In my experience, people really do say things to hear themselves talk. Everyone cares what others think, even God. Maybe I (for example) don't care what Jane or Joe passing on the street thinks of my shirt, but I do care how my family views me; what my husband thinks about me; and what my friends think about me. If you are "genuine", the people around know it, and there is no need for it to be vocalized. A genuine person does not need that sort of validation; although, it may be nice. If you're a good person, when you go home at night, you know it.

One more thing... don't give advice if it's unsolicited... please... it's annoying. If I want to cry on your shoulder, that's all i want... is to cry. I don't want my "problems solved"... I just want to cry. Silence helps more than forced comfort or advice.

Anyway, back to attempting to sleep... it's impossible.

2 comments:

LauraS said...

Wow. This is it. I'm SO excited for you. Many blessings. Enjoy this time.(as if you need to be told ;)He's practically here.

Unknown said...

dammit blogger erased my comment from before. Damn blogger. Anyways I said that if I see my friend or family person crying I just want to help cause I dont want you to hurt anymore, I want to make it better. That's me anyways. But next time you need just a cry, remind me, and I will try not to fix it. :) Kisses