Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Joyous days are few, but they are these days.


Oh man... my mood today: OUTSTANDING! I woke up with a moan, and slowly threw myself out of bed... a few hours went by without word of Matthew's whereabouts. Then, phone rang... Illinois number... it's Matthew!!

me: Hi, Honey!
him: My baby!
me: Where are you?
him: Iraq.
me (sadly): oh... when are you leaving?
him: don't know.
me: really? crap, that sucks ass.
him: it would if I weren't in Kuwait! HAHA! Fool you!
me: That's not cool, honey! But, YAY!
him: I leave here tomorrow night. I should be at DFW Thursday 0955 (oh-nine hundred fifty-five).
me: sweet...

So, there was a lot of "inappropriate for this public blog" exchanges... but i'm so flippin' excited. I was really down the past week. Worried, anxious... freaked out... but now... I have a flight time. I have a terminal number; I have a gate number. I can meet him at the gate! I'm going to go up Wed night and stay at a hotel... I won't be able to stand it here. I can't do that drive that morning, and then back again the same day... I just can't wait. My legs are shaking.

Thanks to you guys that offer me so much encouragement. On the outside, it may appear as though I am strong all on my own, but I'd be nothing without all your kind words. I know I say I don't need it, and that this is my life, my choice... but I appreciate the shoulders that are offered. Thanks. Thanks a ton. :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Ohh I teared up when I read that he is actually coming home. I am so happy for you!!! I would drive you cause I think you are going to be tooo excited but I have to work and wait to hear about M's dad. Ohhh I am sooo happy for you!!
*jumping up and down for Joy*

Unknown said...

I blogged about ya

mushroom said...

Woohooo, is he home for good then?

essa said...

No, he has to go back until December, but only 4 more months!

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot!
» »