Thursday, June 08, 2006

Sound of a Voice

Two weeks... it's amazing how slow they can pass. Each day of the normal coffee, run (or walk), workout, clean, laundry... and so on, can torture me. Then, the phone rings, and it's a fight to get to it before it stops. I will trip over, kick, and destroy anything/anyone in my way. I freak out when I've left my phone anywhere for longer than a minute. My heart races until I see there are no missed calls... if there is a missed call, my heart stops beating a moment. Then, it's from my sister or mom or something. Thank goodness, I say to myself, and my heart starts its normal off-beat rhythm. A thirty minute phone call is like Heaven. He called yesterday, and it was a glorious day. We poked fun at one another (like always), talked about R&R, and expressed our love and misses at least 20 times. It looks like mid to late July I'll be picking him up from DFW. I get to feel the excitement the USO, family members, signs and banners bring to the place. I can't wait, but I must. In only one month, I could possibly be holding Matty's hand... among other pleasures I've got on the back burner. He's a great man; he I admire most.
Two weeks... it's amazing how quick they will fly by. I will make the most of it. I will not overwhelm him. I will love him as if it's the only two weeks out of the year I'll see him.
So much to look forward to... I love so many things... but, this thing, is always on the front of my mind.
Have a great day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

YEAH!! It's sooner than expected!! I am so happy that you heard from him!!!! Call me so we can set up for next week.