Monday, June 26, 2006

indeed the everyday ordinary

Disconnected thoughts... damn you writers block

The way Zora waits when I go next door or across the street... I can see her silouette when it's dark out... two huge ears hanging just above the window in the screen door.

Dancing... sweating all night long, ruining my hair, but feeling so good doing it.

A star visible in daylight.

A sunset from the roof.

A cold rag on a mild sunburn.

Fireworks.

Being free.

Running.

My cheap beaded bracelet that reads "Army Wife" and "I love Matty".

My half-a-heart necklace that, in its whole, reads "God watch between me and thee while we are absent from one another."

Scratching myself by mistake because I forgot I quit biting my nails.

Starting a good novel.

Finishing a bad novel.

An unknown number on my caller ID.

Soft deep stares... always with the soft deep stares. I'm hung on them. They are so palpable you could hang from them. On the phone, I can see those clear blue eyes... I can see how they change when he smiles or laughs. I can hear him smile. I can hear him frown; sigh; yawn... yearn. He too dreams of my "soft doe eyes". "Stellar," he says. "Sweet," I say. "Soon," God promises.

Simple things are abundant. They are cheap, usually... they are everyday ordinary. Yet, ordinary people don't normally appreciate them. Too much else to anticipate, I guess.

aaaahhh...

"A man does not recover from such a devotion of the heart to such a woman!-- He ought not-- he does not." From "Persuassion" by Jane Austen

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Scratching myself by mistake because I forgot I quit biting my nails.


AHHH but that is a good thing!!!! :)