Tuesday, June 13, 2006

and sometimes I feel strong

Sometimes, there is so much to do... so much "busy" work... so many sets of ellipses... and the day goes quickly... It's anticipated greatly, then, just as the tide slowly rushes in, the day comes to a close... the night retreats like a snail in a race. The last few hours wind down slower than the doctor meets you in the exam room. The hurry up and wait that are these days... are these days. Nothing else to be said, really. I just sit here with my hands poised properly on the keys and I stroke away relentlessly. I'd bleed if not for the soft whimper of Zora in her puppy dreams. I'd type all day... all night.

And sometimes I feel strong, and I go to bed to dream.

1 comment:

Jay said...

Try not to forget that right here and now is where you'll always be. Sure, it sounds hokey and cliched, but don't let considerations of the future or regrets of the past punish you and steal your now!