Friday, April 14, 2006

waiting

Tomorrow will be 14 days since he's called. Tomorrow will be 131 days he's been gone.
The days cruise by and the nights, linger. I look at the clock and it's still 22:19... 22:19... 22:19... always... it's always 22:19.
Tomorrow is Friday. Tomorrow I should see his face, his smile... for the first time in 131 days. Tomorrow I will be content... for a time; for an undisclosed length of time. I have to be content; I don't know when I'll get satisfaction, again. I do know... he'll be home. He'll be home and we'll jog, cycle, watch movies, eat out, eat in... everything will be together; for an undisclosed length of time.
I wonder if he knows... if he knows I wait for him. I'll always wait for him. I'd climb volcano after volcano to add minutes to his calling card. I've repeated and repeated the last message he left on my voicemail... even though he sounds sad because I missed his call. I keep pressing "9" for "save this message". I'll always save him.
I'll always. 22:24...

No comments: