Friday, April 14, 2006

132 days and I saw his smile


It's been 132 days of faceless conversation... of imagination... of wondering, waiting, hoping...
I saw him tonight. It was not what I expected. There was a long delay and voice was distorted... but, when he smiled, because of the delay, it paused on his face for moments... his beautiful smile... so sexy, so raw... so him. I found myself speechless... all I could think of how he hasn't changed a bit... he's still Matty... he's still mine.
Those 10 minutes of exchange, interupted by the playing of "Taps", were grand. Yet, it's another reminder of how far away he really is from me. He sat in a plain room with a blue stripe across the wall... only him... him and his smile and a white streak running through his hair... exactly how I remember him.
I shall dream plenty tonight.
Vanessa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am happy you got to see him!! Stay strong.
How was Saturday night?