Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Christmas Hell



I've tried to ignore Christmas; why can't Christmas ignore me?I've never really enjoyed the season. As a child (and Jehovah's witness) holidays were uncelebrated, even birthday's. I didn't have a birthday until I was 6 or 7. I never believed in Santa or flying reindeer. I knew better than to believe some fat guy in a red sit could fly around the world, overnight, and deliver glorious presents to every boy and girl. Past Christmas', I pretended to care; smiled at Christmas tunes and carol singers; dropped money in the bell-ringers red bucket; and put on a happy face for my sisters (my mom hates Christmas). This Christmas is especially unwelcome. I can't spend this holiday with the love of my life... It would have been our second Christmas as a married couple. It's tough to care about presents and stockings when he's overseas in harms way. He must work on Christmas. Why should be able to enjoy egg nog and turkey? The trail of lights would be much more enjoyable if I were able to share. I hope my kids don't feel the same.

I miss my husband.

No comments: