Friday, January 19, 2007

Nature took a shower.

Last night, I slept with the Rain. Its patter beating an open window and cool breath tickling my nose. I had the most peaceful sleep of these weeks past. Although, husband was not here, and the bed is not my own, I was still calm. I did not wake to use the restroom or toss and turn in search of comfort. I just slept.


Yet, once again... I find myself missing husband. Longing for his weight opposite my side. Dreaming of his heavy breath at my back... or in my face. It is a sweeter sort of missing. For he is not 7,000 something miles away... only 600. Still in the same state... still in my calling network. I can pester him all day with questions, I love yous, or just listen to him breath as he watches TV. Or, as I have done, I can imagine him in his habitat... OUR habitat... searching for something easy to eat, playing with Zora, or just reading... in OUR bed. Although, I'd rather be home, this feeling of sweet longing is just fine for now.


In the daylight, as I close the window, the remains of last night's water still lay on the seal, resisting overwash by today's continuing downpour.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww I am sorry you cant make it home yet. Get home safely ya hear?

Anonymous said...

ugh, its must be so frustrating that he's so close and yet, so far away....