Sunday, December 10, 2006

La la la la la la lovely

As I'm picking up husband (I like that... I think I'll keep calling him that) from work one day last week, and we are casually talking about how many of the other Soldier's sit around counting the ways their wives can be bothersome, he says...

"I've got it made." This surprises me. So, naturally, I ask, "What do you mean?"

"Well, honey, you can mow the lawn, and keep a household together, including the 'male responsibilities', and you don't pester me about a 'honey do' list."

I thought to myself, "Me too."

Later, at a fabulous dinner of orange roughy, zucchini, and brown rice, husband says it again...

"I mean it honey... you pack for me, make me dinner and lunch, and I never run out of clean underwear. It's great."

So, I speak up.

"You know... I've got it made also. I love that we both know that."

Life these days requires all women, married or not, to be as independent as possible. This includes being able to mow the lawn, put gas in the car, clean up dog poop, and yes, kill a bug or two (I'm still working on the last)... all the while we've got to keep up with the so called "female duties" of cooking and cleaning. The military lifestyle requires an extra amount of individualism from its spouses. Yes, I'm married to the military. Even though I can keep it cool, and calm... and may appear indifferent... maybe I don't need husband, but God do I want him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AWWWWW HIIIIII!!! Where have you been at fool? Chassis misses Zora