Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Pardon Me

Well, surprisingly, the last week has flown by quickly. I can only hope the week to follow... will run past with the same intensity. I've been busy. Busy trying to finish all the projects I started last year. They are as follows:

1- A massive scrapbook chronicling the year Matt has been away... vacations, birthdays, holidays, and sadly, one death. It's called, "While You Were Away". I can't take credit for the title. It was Jayel, my sister's, idea. It's seriously large. I only have a few pages to finish. I still need those Halloween pictures from Jayel of her boys, Aidan and Bobby. Then, I just have the homecoming pictures to include. He doesn't know about it yet, and I hope he likes it.

2- Another scrapbook that covers those 15 magical days in July and August while Matt was home on R&R. Here is the last page:
What do you think? it's actually my favorite part of the projects because it didn't take very long, and it's all pictures of me, Matthew, and family. We had a ton of fun those 15 days.

3- A book that contains every email (minus the angry ones) Matt wrote me the last year. That one is sort of vanilla, but it's cool too. I'll have to print out every email I wrote him (minus the duplicates), and make a book... but, that is another huge project. He has saved them all, but that is going to take some time. He also has all the cards I've sent him... and others have sent... oh wow, now I'm just piling work on.

4- A welcome home banner. I have a sheet washed, and just waiting to be painted. That is this weeks task.
I still have to make sure the house and car are clean, the yard looks good, give Zora a bath, plan meals, grocery shop, and make arrangements to sleep on my side of the bed again. Oh bother! I better get back to work, eh?
Have a lovely Tuesday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an AWESOME time of the year for you. All of the preparations are certainly going to keep you busy enough....I love the scrapbook page you showed....then again, I just love scrapbooking!

essa said...

Thank you thank you. I actually just got into scrapbooking. You can tell by my pages... in the beginning of the book, they are less fun... they get better as it goes along.