Thursday, October 12, 2006

still uphill

Every day is the same. Yet, every day I feel different. I feel as though this year passed has aged me double. Lessons I shouldn't have had to learn for years to come have made their presence known. Lessons on love, marriage, life, friendship, and common sense rear their maturity. I feel like a teddy bear must after hours in the rain. He's picked up by one leg, the soft water is squeezed from the inside... leaving him lighter, thinner, worn, and dry; Holes tatter his seems, and his button eyes are scratched or even missing. His faithful possessor still clings to him with love despite his wear and tear. The later part of this Teddy's story has yet to reveal it's ending. I'm unsure how my 25th year will close... it does tonight, and I will officially be in my late-twenties... I do harbor some hesitation to admit I am 26... not until 8:32am thank you very much... but, I have many things for which to be thankful. I am. I am grateful.


And, as always, I am missing a certain someone you all know as Matty.

His proximity suffocates me... His distance closes soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well that Happiest of Birthdays to you! 26 ain't bad at all!!!! Try to enjoy this birthday, it's unique in it's lonliness I'm sure, but a part of your story nonetheless.

Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!

You like the licky licky?