Tuesday, October 24, 2006

I'm not real... I'm unreal.

I don't know what to blog about. I'm coming up empty... that's never fun. I have several of the same-ol' same-ol' topics on my brain, but they just won't do. No, I need something fresh... something new. I need to wash my hands of the ugliness following me. I need to apply moisturizer. I need rub them dry, and place my rings on their respective fingers, and smell the freshness of the lotion... instead of the pungent old greasiness clinging beneath my nails.

I could blog about all the rain today... steady, smelly... BORING.

I could say how Mary left... that's just the same-ol' sad. Maybe some other time.

I could say how three weeks might as well be three months... he's still not here... but, see above.

I could say that I fear the disruption of quiet I have endured. I do not anticipate it's fleeting nature. The chattering of pictures that hang on the walls is familiar, and comforting. The jet powered hum of the AC as it stops and starts lets me know I'm home. I couldn't imagine being away from home for a month... a year? Oh never. I leave for a week, and I get crabby. I love home. I love home especially when home is home.

Home will be home... soon. OH there I go again... the same-ol' sad.

I'm just waiting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude!!!!! THREE weeks! That's so great!!!
I know, I know, it's still 3 weeks, he's still away. But it's 3 weeks AS OPPOSED to 3 months.
Now THAT'S something to blog about!

mushroom said...

3 weeks is sooooo close....

I know what you mean bout running out of blog topics....i'm running outta funny bodily functions i can blog about!

Unknown said...

3 weeks!! Hey what you doing this weekend? We are going to Grahams this weekend. It's costume time.