Wednesday, October 04, 2006

ahhh good deeds

Well, I think I've managed a good deed or two this year... but, today, tops the list (as in the one that gives me the most satisfaction). I've just picked up 48 sets of sheets, pillow cases, comforters, towels, and wash cloths from the Rear D command post. Why, you ask? Well, for washing! And, later... when we actually determine where they will go... we will all get together and make beds for single Soldier's returning home from Iraq! It's exciting. Good thing I live on post, and don't pay for water! I imagine this takes a huge weight off Rear D and all the things those poor people have to deal with... And, the Soldier's that may return home to no one, will at least have a place to lay their head, and towels for washing. Yay me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you!!!!
What an awesome thing to do to pass the time. You're so efficient!

Unknown said...

Seems like something that will pass time until Matty comes home. I am heading to Vegas this weekend, but then its your birthday!!

mushroom said...

man, i'd run em down some cheap ass laundry and say that i had washed em lol. I gave 2 cigarettes to a bum searching a through trash to find some last night. Felt good about til i realised that the cigs i gave him will cause cancer.....oh well, back to not being noce for me.

Oh and you cant see your blog link on ya profile page??

You know when you read one of your comments, click on the avatar and then use the link to get to ya blog. Well the link for some reason aint on the profile page anymore. Might have to turn it on or something?