Monday, July 17, 2006

nail bitters anonymous

So, since I was a nine year old youngin' I've been a nail bitter. Not just "pull of the white part of my nail" sort of bitter, but "bite at my cuticles until they bleed" sort of bitter, a serial bitter, if you will. My good friend the Softball Slut challenged me to a contest about two months ago. She said, "Stop biting your nails, and every Sunday, if you haven't bitten your nails all week, you can get a manicure." Well, I haven't had one manicure, but I haven't bitten my nails since. And at T's request, here is the proof...

3 comments:

LauraS said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
LauraS said...

Ok, I'm SO with you here. I bite my nails like it's my job. (Anyone out there willing to pay me for it? I'm really good!) I'm so bad I get the cuticles and the nail. I've been getting acrylic put on my nails for about 5 years and still when I give my nails a "break", and stop the acrylic for a monthe or so, I bite them off almost immediately after the acrylic is gone. I am a proud member of nail biters anonymous! Only a couple more days!!!!

Unknown said...

I am so proud of you!!! You deserve a manicure. Go get one tomorrow so when Mattie comes home they will be all spiffed up. And you can tell you have been doing nothing but sitting at home being a bored housewife, (though we all know that is far from the truth). And I am sorry about his delay.