Sunday, July 02, 2006

Don't say I'm not "handy"

The past few days have been dragging by slower than the line at "self" checkout at the grocery store... so to keep myself busy, I've started a new project. I've gotten surprisingly far in just a few days (thanks to Laura's power sander). My neighbors (Craig and Liz) gave me two chairs a few weeks ago (that I swore I was going to refinish), and now i'm getting to it... so, you can't say I'm not handy. To the left is the starting point... hideous! Now, midway through my project (below), the chair is looking increasingly more attractive with a darker finish, and new cushion (not pictured). One more coat, and the new cushion attached, it will be a brand new chair! Now, to start on the second one... finished pictures soon to come.

2 comments:

mushroom said...

Noice work tradey!

Unknown said...

Yes I like the second one better, but the first one aint so bad. But I like darker my self. Kisses. What you doing for the 4th?