Friday, July 14, 2006

4 days and a wake-up...

Insomnia sucks. Insomnia especially sucks during a prolonged period of anticipation. Insomnia kills when you (for instance) don't really care for sleeping pills... especially when they don't quiet your mind anyhow. The waiting for sleep to come is a far greater annoyance. Always with the freakin' waiting. A story begins in my head... with me on a beach alone; a beautiful sunset accompanies me. This sunset becomes perfect when Matthew joins us. Pristine as they may seem, things can collapse and crumble with a shift in the Earth's crust. A tidal wave. Then, humanity rebuilds itself, and before I know it... it's 20 years later, I'm president, and I moonlight during the holidays as Santa.

Worse yet? Waiting... waiting... insomnia... waiting... then... delay...

4 days and a wake-up...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Every morning you wake up is one day closer. You coming to see me tonight? We party and take your mind off things for perhaps just a minute? And our babies can see each other