Saturday, June 03, 2006

Rest & Recouperation

"happiness makes up in height what it lacks in length." - Robert Frost

I'm certain I know the meaning of this quote. "Better to have loved and lost..." Yes, I am certain. Even as my pause of happiness, with a promise of return, sits on my plate, inedible... I'm certain. I would never claim to be satisfied... One who is wanting cannot be satiated soon enough. I'm not certain, however, I could be satiated. 15 days? Please... I vowed a lifetime; 15 days is an appetizer for a life of promised happiness. It's only one buffalo wing... no blue cheese. I'm starving.

2 comments:

LauraS said...

I think I'm confused....Will he be back FOR 15 days, or will he be back IN 15 days. Let me know. Still praying....

Unknown said...

In August (fingers crossed) he will be here for 15 days, then he leaves again. Until December (fingers still crossed) when he can come home and make my Nessie a happy girl again. And we all thank you for your prayers