Friday, January 20, 2006

Reflection


I don't know why but, I feel very contemplative tonight. As if every little event matters. I'm almost pondering the very meaning of life, without reason really. As I gaze at the latest picture of my deployed loved one, his grey streak of hair and brilliant smile stand out like burning lava among common rock. I can tell who's taken the picture. Someone he loves very much is the only person who could make him smile as if the corners of his mouth were without limit. It's a picture I can't help but stare at. I'm so in love and so far from my devoted one. 7364 miles seems endless but, his distance from my heart is nothing more than a pin drop. It's insignificant size matters not. I feel his love in me growing as a blooming flower in Spring. I'm half way through the first month of 2006 and accelerating through this strenuous year of doubt and tenebrous nights. I only hope I can delay grief until my love's return when I will abolish sadness... 47 days and not counting...

No comments: